OUR HISTORY

 

Since 1822 when Rockport was founded in a log cabin near what is now the corner of Wooster Road and Lorain Roads, we have been worshipping both indoors and outdoors along the edge of the Cleveland Metroparks. On nice summer days in 1822, the congregation would trek down in the valley for outdoor services along the Rocky River. Today we worship among the trees in the outdoor chapel and in our indoor sanctuary on land which was once Rocky River’s old skating park. The Christian Education Building, also now home to our childcare center, and Fellowship Hall were built first.

2016 rockport logo.jpg

© 2014 by Rockport United Methodist Church.  

3301 Wooster Rd.  Rocky River, OH  44116  440-331-9433